The Online-Ticket: Easily, quickly and conveniently!
New: Add Online-Tickets to the DB Navigator and use them on your mobile device
You can add tickets you purchased online to the DB Navigator and access them right on your mobile device.*
- Search, select and book at www.bahn.com via Travel Information
- Payment by credit card or direct debit (prior notification necessary)
- Order confirmation by e-mail. Online-Tickets can be opened directly in PDF format and printed out immediately
- If you make a booking with delivery by post, the tickets are handled and posted by bahn.de-Servicecenter
- Tickets which are ordered by post are sent within 2-3 working days
|Online-Tickets are non-transferrable. They are only valid for the passenger shown in the booking (possibly with companion) – in conjunction with the identification quoted in the booking. If you want to book an Online-Ticket for a friend or member of your family please enter their personal data and valid identification card during booking. You can still enter you own data for payment. The passenger must show his/her printed Online-Ticket on the train, a file, e.g. on a memory stick, will not be accepted. He/she must also present the personal identification as quoted in the booking.|
|Tickets for children travelling unaccompanied by their parents or grandparents can only be sent by post. Our service center will be pleased to send you the tickets directly to your home by post for a handling and shipping charge of 3.90 euros.|
|Normal conditions apply for special offers and saving fares.|
|Displaying a ticket on a mobile phone:
For many of our lines, you can choose to have your ticket supplied to you as a mobile phone ticket when you book at bahn.de. You can display your ticket right on your mobile phone and do not need to print it out. Simply log in before you make your booking, and you will have the option of selecting a mobile phone ticket. New: Now you can also add your ticket to the DB Navigator app later, even if you purchased the ticket online and not using DB Navigator.
- The DB Navigator is available for free from the App Store and from the Google Play Store. You can book mobile phone tickets for adults and up to four accompanying persons.
- Mobile phone tickets are not transferable and are valid only for the passengers entered during booking. It is not possible to book for someone else.
- Please show the barcode on the ticket to the DB train attendant. The attendant will scan the barcode directly from the display on your phone. You will also need the identification card you chose to use when you booked – even if it is now expired (BahnCard, bahn.bonus Card, government-issued ID, credit card or EC card/Maestro).
You may use the following cards to identify yourself:
■ BahnCard (excluding provisional BahnCards)
■ bahn.bonus Card
■ Credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Diners Club, Visa or JCB)
■ EC card/Maestro
■ Government-issued ID card (ID cards from the following countries may be used as identification on our trains: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy and the Czech Republic). Other ID cards and passports (including diplomatic passports) are generally not accepted as identification cards.
If you have an ID or passport issued by a country not listed above, you can use your credit card to identify yourself.
Note: Passports are not accepted as identification documents.
Select your connection via Travel Information, book your ticket online and print it out at home!
To register once with "My Bahn" fill in the form on the registration page and benefit from many advantages.
Tickets are also available without prior registration at bahn.de. In this case payment is only possible by credit card.
Guided Tour to book an Online-Ticket
Need support to book an Online-Ticket? Please have a look at our guided step-by-step tour to your print-at-home ticket.
Are there any questions?
Your ticket is invalid without a means of identification. You must have the means of identification you declared when making the booking with you in the train. A temporary BahnCard cannot be used as a means of identification.
*This option is available for all Online-Tickets that can also be booked as mobile phone tickets. The option is not yet available for certain Laender-Tickets and Europa-Spezial tickets, for Schönes-Wochenende-Tickets or for tickets that include additional bookings (City mobil, hotel bookings or travel insurance). More information on mobile phone tickets