The online ticket: easily, quickly and conveniently print out
tickets with your own PC
Save yourself the postage costs and print your online ticket in the comfort of your own home. For almost all routes in Germany, tickets can be booked up until shortly before the train departs. Normal conditions apply for special offer and saver fares.
NEW: Many online tickets are now available to download in the DB Navigator App! Instead of printing your ticket, it can be easily accessed from your smartphone. Please note that this is only possible for online tickets set up for smartphones and that these tickets can only be used by the person who booked them.
Online tickets are non-transferrable. They are only valid for the passenger shown in the booking (possibly with companion) in conjunction with the identification quoted in the booking. If you want to book an online ticket for a friend or member of your family please enter their personal data and valid identification card during booking. You can still enter you own data for payment. The passenger must show his/her printed Online Ticket on the train, a file, e.g. on a memory stick, will not be accepted. He/she must also present the personal identification as quoted in the booking.
Tickets for children travelling unaccompanied by their parents or grandparents can only be sent by post. Our service center will be pleased to send you the tickets directly to your home by post for a handling and shipping charge of EUR 3.90.
Important: your ticket is invalid without a means of identification. You must have the means of identification you declared when making the booking with you on the train. A temporary BahnCard cannot be used as a means of identification.
In order to book online tickets you need:
- An identification card (BahnCard, bahn.bonus Card, credit cards*, ec-card/Maestro or ID card**) for booking via Internet and as identification during fare controls on the train.
- The software Adobe ReaderŪ to open the online ticket PDFs.
* American Express, MasterCard, Diners Club, Visa or JCB
** The ID cards of the following countries can be used as identification on the train:
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy and the Czech Republic.
- Passports are not accepted as identification documents.
- For identification with ec-cards/Maestro, your bank must have its registered office in Germany.
How to book your online ticket:
- Search, select and book at www.bahn.de via travel information
- Payment by credit card or direct debit (prior notification necessary)
- Order confirmation by e-mail. Online tickets can be opened directly in ^
PDF format and printed out immediately
- If you make a booking with delivery by post, the tickets are handled and
posted by bahn.de-Servicecenter
- Tickets which are ordered by post are sent within 2-3 working days
Need support to book an online ticket? Please have a look at our guided step-by-step tour to your print-at-home ticket.
Select your desired connection in travel information, book your ticket online and print it out in the comfort of your own home!
Fill out the appropriate fields on the registration page and then register once in "My Bahn" for the online ticket.
You can also book your tickets without prior registration at bahn.de. Payment is then only possible by credit card. Registered customers do enjoy some benefits though.