Rail&Fly – your train to and from the airport
Rail&Fly is the fast and stress-free way to travel from the airport to your travel destination in Germany on the complete DB network. Rail&Fly ticket can be purchased in combination with your flight ticket. This is a convenient extra service for customers of our Rail&Fly partner airlines and Rail&Fly tour operators.
Have you booked an AIRail ticket with your airline? More information here.
Have you already booked a flight but are looking for a rail ticket? Check out our offers!!
See how to connect from the airport to your destination
- To/from each of the more than 5,700 DB railway stations
- To/from any German airport and Basel Airport and Salzburg Airport on the entire DB rail network. Below, you will find a list of all connecting services to and from airports which are included free of charge in your Rail&Fly ticket.
- On all DB trains (incl. ICE) except DB Autozug, special trains and only on certain City Night Line trains. Journeys inside a transport association are permissible only in combination with use of a long-distance train.
- Reservations are compulsory for ICE Sprinter trains and a separate supplement is required. You can make the reservation and pay the supplement at all DB Travel Centers and all DB agencies.
- Rail&Fly tickets are valid on the day before your flight departure, the day of the outbound flight, the day of your return flight and the following day. When you book a Rail&Fly ticket from an airline, it is important to have the exact date on which you will travel to the airport stated in the booking.
|Most airlines now issue electronic tickets, which means that you have to collect your Rail&Fly ticket from a DB long-distance ticket vending machine or print it at home before you begin your journey. For further information please visit www.bahn.de/railandfly (in German).|
|Rail&Fly is a service offered by the airlines and tour operators and may therefore be subject to additional conditions/restrictions. Please check with the tour operator or its agent before your flight ticket is issued.|
|If a group of 9 persons or more is planning to travel together on the same train, please contact the tour operator, who will check whether or not train carriage is possible|
|Rail&Fly tickets are not valid for journeys inside transport associations, i.e. using only local transport services. Example: if you depart from Essen and wish to use a Rail&Fly ticket to reach Düsseldorf Airport, you are not permitted to use local public transport. Instead, you can use ICE and IC to travel to the airport.|
- Travelers flying in from other countries
- People in favor of eco-friendly travel alternatives
- Travelers with only a single stop in Germany. You have multiple stops? Check out the German Rail Pass!
Further information on Rail&Fly is available via your airline or your tour operator. Please note that Rail&Fly cannot be purchased at Deutsche Bahn sales points.
How to connect from Frankfurt Airport to Germany & Europe