The German Rail Pass for unlimited possibilities!
From the shores of the Baltic Sea down to the Black Forest and Bavarian Alps, or from vibrant metropolises to fairy tale castles along the river, taking the train is the way to go. Virtually every travel need is covered by the German Rail Pass (GRP), irrespective of whether you travel for business or pleasure.
This special offer from DB Bahn enables visitors to travel on all scheduled trains operated by DB Bahn for between 3 - 7 and 10 days over a month (non-consecutive days), high-speed ICE trains included. The German Rail Pass is available for both 1st and 2nd class.
A German Rail Pass will take you comfortably and flexibly to almost any German destination on our rail network. One ticket allows you to travel throughout the country for 3 to 7 or 10 days within a month starting at 193 euros.
Additional passes are available for twin travel as well as for youths, the GRP really is the most economical way to travel.
If you need more incentive to jump on board, have we mentioned the bonuses? Not only can you save money on popular train routes in Germany, but there are additional bonuses for pass holders including shopping discounts and free ferry rides! Take a look to the right for further information!
|Validity within 1 month||3 days||4 days||5 days||6 days||7 days||10 days|
|1st class adult*||260||280||300||331||363||457|
|2nd class adult*||193||207||222||245||269||338|
|1st class twin**||416||447||480||529||580||731|
|2nd class twin**||308||331||356||392||430||541|
|2nd class youth***||154||166||178||196||215||271|
|Prices in euros valid as of 15 December 2013
* for children between 6 and up to including 11 years of age: 50 % reduction
** price for 2 adults traveling together
*** special offer for young people between ages 12 and 25
- This offer only applies for people with permanent residence outside Europe, Turkey and the Russian Federation.
- If you are European and live outside Europe you must have left more than 6 months ago (the stamp in your passport is decisive).
- Any 3 -7 or 10 days within one month
Area of Validity:
- All rail connections in Germany including the stations of Basel Bad Bf (Switzerland) and Salzburg (Austria).
- For the validity of the German Rail Pass on trains operated by other carriers than DB please refer to www.diebefoerderer.de.
- Travel on all trains operated by DB, high-speed service (ICE) included
- Twin (2 persons travelling together)
- Youth (young people between 12 and 25 years of age)
- Children (between 6 and 11 years of age, 50% price reduction)
- 3 days in 2nd class starting at 193 euros
- Twin Pass at 308 euros
- Youth Pass at 154 euros
- You choose the first and the last day of travel. If you purchase your German Rail Pass on the internet, you will be asked to fill in the validity dates directly online.
- If you buy the German Rail Pass at a DB sales office or from any other DB sales partner the validity dates must be filled in at the counter in one of our DB Reisezentrum at every major German rail station before you board the first train. You must not fill in the validity dates yourself.
- You are free to choose the days of travel and must enter the travel days in the calendar boxes on the Pass before boarding the train.
GRP holders are entitled to the following bonuses:
- 10% off at participating stores in OUTLETCITY METZINGEN
- Free travel on boats of the KD Köln-Düsseldorfer German Rhine Line. For further details please visit www.k-d.com
- Free bus transfer on the regular "Shopping Express Bus" to Germany's Luxury Outlet Centers in Wertheim and Ingolstadt
- Discounted fares on the Europabus line "Romantic Road". For further details and bookings please visit www.romantic-road-coach.de
- 10 % discount on the Bayerische Zugspitzbahn rack railway. For further details please visit www.zugspitze.de
- 10% discount at A&O Hostels and Hotels
We understand, sometimes it can be a bit difficult to travel to Germany by train, but once you do get here, DB Bahn is ready to take you further! Fly in and connect directly via one of DB Bahn’s convenient airport railway stations.
Discover Germany and the best of Europe with the German Rail Pass Extension!
Enhance your German Rail Pass with this coupon and travel to Brussels, Prague, cities in Austria and Italy on selected trains!
Just 49 euros for 2nd class and only 69 euros extra for those holding a 1st class!
German Rail Passes can be purchased online, at your closest DB Bahn sales offices in non-European markets or at www.germanrailpasses.com. Remember that the post is not always as fast as our trains, so please allow sufficient time for your tickets arrival!
If you are already in Germany you can buy your GRP directly in one of our German Rail Pass Aid Offices.
Through-out the year the GRP goes on sale, with savings of up to 25% on top of the original savings, it is an offer worth taking advantage of!!
Take a look at our current special offer and enjoy your journey with DB Bahn!