E-coupons are vouchers that give you a discount. You can redeem them when you want to purchase something such as a digital train ticket. We issue these vouchers during our promotional campaigns. Read our instructions to find out how you can redeem them.
3 steps for redeeming e-coupons
How to redeem your e-coupons
- Search for a connection
Enter your date/s of travel in the relevant boxes. Then click "Search".
The website shows a list of connections. Select the one that suits you best. If you want to book a return journey at the same time, click "Choose return trip" to enter the date you want. Then click "Add".
- Log in
Log in with your My Bahn account details or sign up for a customer account. Only people who have logged in can redeem vouchers. You can now also perform actions such as reserving a seat or buying a ticket for someone else.
Use the "Ticket for another person" option if you want to buy a ticket for another traveller. Use their personal details for the rest of the booking process. The system will use your payment details, so you do not need to change them.
- Select the payment method
Please select the payment method you want to use. Make sure your account is authorised for direct debits if you want to use this option.
- Enter the e-coupon's code
Select "Voucher" in the section "Anything else we should consider?" A box opens. Enter your 8-digit code here. When you have entered the number, click "Apply".
- Conclude booking
The ticket price is deducted from the value of the voucher. Check your entries and confirm your booking.
- Log in
Log in with your My Bahn account details or sign up for a customer account. Only people who have logged in can redeem vouchers.
- Search for connection
Use the app to look for a connection and then select your train by clicking "To offer selection" under the one that suits you best. If you want to book a return journey at the same time, click "Add return trip". When you are ready, click "Ticket/Reservation".
- Tick box
When you get to "Check booking data", tick the box beside "Redeem e-coupons or vouchers". Then click "Continue".
- Enter voucher code
Our system now asks you to select your payment method. Scroll down until you see "e-coupon". Enter the 8-digit code on your e-coupon.
- Conclude booking
Our system checks the e-coupons's validity and then uses its value to complete the purchasing process. Check your entries and confirm your booking.
- E-coupons can only be used for buying online tickets and during the indicated time period.
- Please note the minimum order value.
- You must log in to use eCoupons, and they are non-transferrable.
- E-coupons cannot be used for ordering a BahnBonus reward.
- No exchange, refunds or cash payments. E-coupons expire if unused.
- If you use an e-coupons to pay for your ticket either in part or in full, this sum is excluded from the ticket's value in the event of cancellation.
- E-coupons may not be sold to third parties.
- The conditions of carriage of Deutsche Bahn AG apply in their entirety.
- You can book online tickets for yourself or other people. When travelling, please ensure that you take the ID used during booking with you. If you book a ticket for someone else, include their ID in the booking process. When this person is travelling, they must take this ID with them.