Passengers' rights claim form
We regret the inconvenience caused by the delay or cancellation of a train. Please accept our apologies and compensation in accordance with our conditions of carriage.
To ensure that you receive your compensation and/or refund as easily as possible, Deutsche Bahn offers an accessible passengers' rights claim form. You can download and complete the form and then print it out.
Please keep in mind that when claiming your passenger rights your personal information is only protected if you use the passengers' rights claim form provided on this website.
Passengers' rights claim form
Here you can complete and print out the form.
Please send the form to the following address:
60647 Frankfurt am Main
Requirements for claiming passenger rights:
- Passenger must be in possession of a valid ticket for the delayed/cancelled train at the time of the delay/cancellation.
- Only delays and cancellations of cooperating railways can be taken into account.
- Please note that compensation of less than EUR 4 shall not be paid out.
Three steps to obtain your compensation:
Step 1: Complete the form
You can complete the accessible PDF form and then save it to your computer.
Please complete the required boxes in accordance with the instructions and then print out the form.
Special conditions apply to season tickets:
- Weekly/monthly tickets: Please submit all of your forms as one application after the ticket has expired (in one envelope).
- Annual ticket: Please submit one application for at least every two (1st class) or three (2nd class) delays.
- Please complete a form for every delay.
- Include your season ticket with one of the forms.
- Put all forms into one envelope and submit it for compensation.
To process your claim we need your address and also your bank details if you wish to have the compensation paid into your account.
Your personal data is automatically collected, processed and used for the sole purpose of processing, verifying and conducting a plausibility check between the companies involved.
Step 2: Check that the form is complete
Please sign the printed out and completed form and enclose all the necessary documents of proof:
- for compensations the original ticket or a copy of your ticket/ season ticket
- for refunds the original tickets (e.g. abandonment or cancellation of journey; reservations and bicycle tickets that could not be used due to a delay; necessary expenses for using another train or means of transport or for overnight accommodation)
Please do not forget to enclose your original ticket with the passengers' rights form, or - if you need your original for other purposes - a copy of your ticket, a copy of your season ticket or a copy of your BahnCard 100 We regret that we are otherwise unable to pay any compensation.
If no price is printed on your ticket, please also submit proof of the price (except for BahnCard 100).
Documents to be submitted:
- Completed and signed passengers' rights form
- Original ticket or copy of ticket/ season ticket
- Proof of price if no price is printed on the ticket (except BahnCard 100)
Other original receipts for reimbursement of any necessary expenses in accordance with the Conditions of Carriage:
- Original ticket required for alternative means of transport/ taxi receipt
- Transfer to ICE/IC/EC or ticket for the use of an alternative train with regional transport ticket in case of delays/cancellation
- Hotel bill if overnight accommodation was necessary
Step 3: Submit for processing
All complete? If so, you can either hand in the envelope containing the passengers' rights claim form and necessary documents at a DB Travel Centre or post directly to Servicecenter Fahrgastrechte, 60647 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Your application should be processed within a month. You can find answers to questions relating to passenger rights under passengers' rights.