Seat reservation: choose your seat, reserve and travel in comfort
In Germany you can travel on a train even if all seats are already taken. This may be the case at peak times (Friday afternoon or Sunday evening). Therefore, we recommend that you reserve a seat with your ticket. In second class the seat reservation costs EUR 4.50 per passenger, in first class it is included in the ticket price.
- Seat reservations are possible on all long-distance trains (ICE and IC/EC)
- Choose between compartment or open saloon coach and mobile phone zone or quiet zone
- Specify your seat preference while booking and select your seat in the graphical seat display (ICE only)
- Seat reservation possible even without purchasing a ticket
- In both first and second class you can change your seat reservations once for free
- Seats can normally be reserved from up to six months in advance until shortly before departure
|Individual reservations||Second class: EUR 4.50
First class: included (subsequent booking: EUR 5.90)
|Family reservation||Second class: EUR 9
First class: included (subsequent booking: EUR 11.80)
|Group reservation||Second class: EUR 2
First class: EUR 2
|The reservations are valid for single journeys including all connecting trains. The seat reservation for IC buses subject to compulsory reservation is not included.
Your seat reservation remains valid until 15 minutes after departure.
Reservations for more than five persons:
Adjoining seats for more than five persons or special seats on ICE trains can be reserved at the ticket counter or by calling the DB service number +49 (0) 180 6 99 66 33 (EUR 0.20 per call from a German landline, EUR 0.60 max. per call from a German mobile phone). Charges depending on provider.
The price of a group ticket (group saver fare) includes the reservation fee. Reservations for young children are optional and can be booked for EUR 4.50.
Reservation of special seats
To reserve special seats for persons with reduced mobility and accompanying persons, please contact the Mobility Service Centre. The Mobility Service Centre is open daily from 06:00 to 22:00:
Telephone number: +49 (0) 180 6 512 512 (EUR 0.20 per call from a German landline, EUR 0.60 max. per call from a German mobile phone), charges depending on provider.
Whether you book at home or on the go ...
with a seat reservation you travel in your preferred seat