Great value travel throughout Germany's regions with a day ticket.
A day at the Baltic Sea, a stroll through Nuremberg or a hike in the Black Forest Germany's regions have a lot to offer. With Deutsche Bahn's day ticket you can use local and regional services the whole day to travel throughout Germany for as little as EUR 44. In a group of up to five persons you travel even cheaper.
The original German name of the ticket is "Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket".
- Terms and conditions of the offer
- EUR 44 for one passenger
- Each extra passenger pays EUR 8 (max. four extra passengers)
- Valid for an unlimited number of journeys on a single day for up to five people
- Valid on regional trains (RB, IRE, RE) and rapid transit trains (S-Bahn) operated by DB and other cooperating railway undertakings
- Children aged 15 and under often travel for free with their parents/grandparents
- Valid Monday to Friday from 09:00 until 03:00 on the following day, an entire day on weekends
Terms and conditions of the offer
Original name of the offer:
2nd class - online/mobile/DB ticket machine:
Advance sales period:
Tickets can be bought from max. six months in advance until shortly before travel.
With the day ticket you can travel from Monday to Friday for one day of your choice from 09:00 until 03:00 on the following day. At weekends and on national holidays (e.g. Christmas), the day ticket for Germany is even valid from 00:00 until 03:00 on the following day.
Means of transport:
With the day ticket for Germany you can travel in 2nd class on all regional trains (RB, IRE, RE) and rapid transit trains (S-Bahn) operated by DB and other cooperating railway undertakings.
No, you can travel on all permitted means of transport within the period of validity.
2nd class only.
Free choice of seats. The ticket does not include a seat reservation.
Discount for children:
With the day ticket for Germany for one or two persons, you can travel with any number of your own children or grandchildren aged under 15.
To transport bicycles, you need to buy an all-day bike ticket for each bicycle. This does not apply to routes where special conditions apply that allow holders of DB tickets to transport bicycles for free.
Passengers can bring small dogs (no larger than a domestic cat) free of charge if using a carrier for transportation. Larger dogs count as passengers and are charge as adults. If you are travelling with a dog that requires a ticket, enter the German name for dog (Hund) instead of a passenger name.
You must enter the first and last names of all passengers when you purchase the ticket. It is not possible to change names after you have purchased the ticket.
* The prices specified apply to purchases made at a DB ticket machine or online. All tickets are available at our DB sales offices for a surcharge of EUR 2 for the customer service provided.