Travel throughout Germany for as little as EUR 42 with the day ticket.
- Book 1 ticket and take up to 4 people with you
- Every additional passenger only pays EUR 7
- From Monday to Friday from 9 am until 3 am on the following day
- On weekends and on public holidays the ticket is valid from midnight
- Children aged 14 and under often travel for free with their parents/grandparents
German name of the ticket
1 person travelling: EUR 42
2 persons travelling: EUR 49
3 persons travelling: EUR 56
4 persons travelling: EUR 63
5 persons travelling: EUR 70
Tickets can be bought from max. 6 months in advance until shortly before travel.
Monday-Friday: from 9 am to 3 am on the following day
Saturdays, Sundays and on public holidays throughout Germany: from midnight until 3 am on the following day
Means of transport
All regional trains (RB, IRE, RE) and rapid transit trains (S-Bahn) operated by DB and other cooperating railway undertakings
No, you can travel on all permitted means of transport within the period of validity.
2nd class only
Free choice of seats The ticket does not include a seat reservation.
- The ticket can be used by up to 5 people travelling together.
- Children aged 6-14: up to 3 of your own or other children can be taken along free of charge, regardless of whether the ticket is purchased for one or more people.
- Children under 6 years of age always travel free of charge. They do not need a ticket and are not counted when determining the number of people.
Passengers can bring small dogs (no larger than a domestic cat) free of charge, provided they are in a carrier. Larger dogs are considered passengers and charged as adults. If you are travelling with a dog that requires a ticket, enter the German name for dog (Hund) instead of a passenger name.
You must enter the first and last names of all passengers when you purchase the ticket. It is not possible to change names after you have purchased the ticket.
You may be required to identify yourself during ticket inspection.
Accompanying passengers using the day ticket for Germany can join or leave the group at any station along the route.
Used tickets may not be sold or given to third parties.