Affordable travel across Germany on local services during the weekend.
It's weekend and the sun is shining: escape the city and explore Germany's beautiful regions. With the weekend ticket for Germany, you can use local services to travel the whole day across Germany and to selected destinations in neighbouring countries. For as little as EUR 40 you can travel to the seaside, mountains or visit interesting cities. In a group of up to five persons, you travel even cheaper.
The original German name of the ticket is "Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket".
- Terms and conditions of the offer
- EUR 40 for 1 passenger
- Each extra passenger pays EUR 4 (max. 4 fellow passengers)
- Valid on regional trains (RB, IRE, RE) and S-Bahn services operated by DB AG and other cooperating railway undertakings, on many transport association services and on selected routes in neighbouring countries.
- Children aged 15 and under often travel for free with their parents/grandparents.
- Valid Saturday or Sunday from 00:00 until 03:00 on the following day.
Terms and conditions of the offer
Original name of the offer:
2nd class - online/mobile/DB ticket machine:
Advance sales period:
Tickets can be bought from max. six months in advance until shortly before travel.
The weekend ticket is valid for unlimited travel on a Saturday or Sunday from 00:00 until 03:00 the following day.
Means of transport:
With the weekend ticket for Germany you can travel on all local and regional trains operated by DB AG (S-Bahn, RB, RE and IRE) and other cooperating railway undertakings, as well as on many transport association services (local rapid transit, underground, tram and bus services) within Germany. You can also use many bus routes in Germany. The ticket is also valid on selected connections to Denmark, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria and Poland.
No, you can travel on all permitted means of transport within the period of validity.
2nd class only.
Free choice of seats. The ticket does not include a seat reservation.
Discount for children:
With the weekend ticket for Germany for one or two persons, you can travel with any number of your own children or grandchildren aged under 15. Children aged five and younger always travel for free, regardless of whether they are your own children. They do not count towards the number of passengers.
To transport bicycles, you need to buy an all-day bike ticket for each bicycle. This does not apply to routes where special conditions apply that allow holders of DB tickets to transport bicycles for free.
Passengers can bring small dogs (no larger than a domestic cat) free of charge if using a carrier for transportation. Larger dogs count as passengers and are charge as adults. If you are travelling with a dog that requires a ticket, enter the German name for dog (Hund) instead of a passenger name.
You must enter the first and last names of all passengers when you purchase the ticket. It is not possible to change names after you have purchased the ticket.
* The prices specified apply to purchases made at a DB ticket machine or online. All tickets are available at our DB sales offices for a surcharge of EUR 2 for the customer service provided.